Pickling paste Formula 1
Sandvik pickling paste Formula 1 is an effective pickling paste used for cleaning and passivating welding joints and the heat affected zone (HAZ) for welded stainless steel constructions.
The pickling paste removes the naturally occurring oxide layer and the chromium depleted layer under the oxide. The result is a perfect weld with the required corrosion resistance.
Excellent adhesion and economical to use
Sandvik pickling paste Forumla 1 is rapid and economical to use, as only a thin film of the pickling paste is required for a perfect result. The pickling paste has excellent adhesion and can be applied on vertical surfaces and ceilings without any risk of running or drying. This is due to the gel-like (thixotropic), homogenous consistency. The paste’s consistency also makes it easy to apply without splashing, particularly important because of its aggressiveness.
Instructions for use
- The pickling paste is applied with a brush.
- The pickling times, which are dependent on temperature, type of steel and welding method vary between 30–240 minutes at room temperature.
- Working temperature +5 to +40ºC (+41 to +104ºF).
- Rinsing is done with water (high pressure).
- The pickling should as far as possible be done indoors in well ventilated rooms at room temperature. For outdoor work the construction must be shielded from direct sunlight and rain.
- Instructions for use and safety precautions can be found on each pack.
|Form||Viscous, colorless, gel-like solution|
|Packaging||Plastic bottles of 1, 2 or 5 kg|
|Consumption||1 kg (2.2 lbs) of pickling paste is enough for approximately 120 m (393 ft) of weld bead or a surface of approximately 6 m2 (64.58 ft2)|